We are now hiring a Controller, if you are interested please visit the employment section of our website for more details on how to apply!
Job title: Controller
Reports to: President
Supervises: Accounting Department
The Controller undertakes all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, financial risk management, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures. Also, this position ensures timely financial and statistical reports for management and/or Board use.
- Manage all accounting functions and maintain accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations. Oversee the preparation of financial statements, including income statements and balance sheets, as well as income and expense projections (budgeting) and auditing.
- Prepare government-mandated reports and financial statements and ensure that the organization’s financial details meet both legal requirements and the organization’s internal requirements.
- Look for ways to help the organization reduce costs, and help evaluate new opportunities and possible mergers/acquisitions.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Manage budget and cost controls, financial analysis and report variances. Analyze and interpret financial data and recommends changes to improve systems and financial performance.
- Manage the investigation and review of credit data on clients and suppliers. Evaluate credit history and make recommendations regarding credit limits. Supervise delinquent account collection and recommend terms of payment. Monitor accounts and develops reports to ensure compliance with policy and legal statutes.
- Manage the organization’s budget process including preparation, consolidation, and distribution of budgets and related reports. Develop and administers budgetary policy and procedures. Reviews analysis of operating results, develops reports, and provides recommendations to management.
- Plan and manage analysis of financial data. Provide an assessment of existing and proposed financial plans and policies. Propose changes to ensure the organization achieves financial targets.
- Manage and comply with local, state, federal and international reporting requirements and tax filings. Manage the retention and preparation of tax records, tax returns, and other required reports. Assesses the impact of the organization’s tax liability.
- Manage, review and verification of records, compliance with standards, policies, and procedures. Develops audit procedures and systems.
- Compile, prepare, and maintain payroll reports and statistics, invoicing, payment processing, bank statement reconciliations, and cash management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field, advanced degree in accounting preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a finance and/or accounting position, preferably in logistics/warehouse environment.
- Excellent Great Plains software user and administration skills (a plus)
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Proficient personal computer and software skills
Sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.