Job title: Truck Driver
Reports to: Shipping/Receiving Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The truck driver position performs a variety of routine and complex transportation work in driving and coordinating transportation plans in support of the Shipping/Receiving Department.
The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
- May plan route to ensure most economical use of time and equipment.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to supervisor; cleans equipment.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Operates company-owned trucks to facilitate shipping and receiving operations.
- Operates trucks for the delivery, pickup, and relocation of products and materials.
- Performs required before, during, and after operation “user maintenance” and provides required reports.
- Assists with loading and unloading trucks as needed.
- Checks shipping papers to determine the nature of the load and to verify for accuracy.
- Reports all accidents and incidents involving drivers or company equipment.
- Reports any delays of deliveries due to breakdowns, weather, traffic, or other emergencies
- Provides outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
- Maintains all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knows and follows policies and procedures in Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Current CDL license and a clean driving record are required.
Environmental Conditions and Physical requirements:
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, and balance.
- Employee will be required to stand for long periods of time during the work day.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, or moderately loud when in the field.
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., but could vary according to demand.
Overtime as needed.
Security Category: High
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Remar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.