Job title: Order Picker
Reports to: Business Unit Manager – Fulfillment, Fulfillment Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for selecting product from warehouse locations. Performs job using standard picking procedures.
The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
- Operates material handling equipment, including tow motors, fork lifts, order pickers, stand-up lift trucks, powered pallet jacks, and manual pallet jacks. Inspects equipment before use. Reports problems to supervisor.
- Picks orders from shelves without using machinery as needed.
- Receives orders and/or pick tickets and picks materials from storage locations and delivers to fulfillment lines.
- Ensures that picked material is the correct number, size, color, and amount of goods.
- Records pick information in the company’s computer software.
- Reports inventory discrepancies.
- Restocks locations.
- Assists on fulfillment lines as needed.
- Assists in inventory cycle counts.
- Completes paperwork or forms required for documentation.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic personal computer skills.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knows and follows policies and procedures in Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If operating machinery must be certified through Remar’s Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Safety program.
Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily productive/technical nature.
Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Ability to stand for up to eight hours.
Well-lighted indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
M – F, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p. m., or as directed by Supervisor.
Overtime as required.
Remar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.