Job title: Material Handler
Department: Print/Mail Operations
Reports to: Print/Mail Operations Manager, Lead Supervisor
Support position for Print/Mail operations. Responsible for supplying operators with product and for staging finished product for shipping.
- Unloads the truck with full bins from CMOP.
- Loads the truck with empty bins to CMOP.
- Keeps and changes the carts that are full.
- Ensures there are no packages left in the room after manifest is complete.
- Delivers any stray packages found after the manifest is complete to the Supervisor.
- Ensures all stations have two full bins to process.
- Ensures that each station has supplies for processing.
- Keeps the garage doors closed.
- Sweeps floors when shift is complete.
- Empties trash and takes to dumpster.
- Bales cardboard.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Basic math skills.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knows and follows policies and procedures in Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
No prior experience required.
Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
Ability to stand for 8 hours.
Well-lighted indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
2nd Shift – Monday – Friday – 6:15 p.m. – 1:45 a.m.
Overtime is mandatory if necessary but is minimal.
Must be reliable with the ability to maintain focus.
Must pass a federal NACI background investigation.