We’re Hiring: Material Handler II
Job title: Material Handler II
Department: Shipping /Receiving
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Performs manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing, picking, packing, and delivering a variety of materials, equipment, and supplies. Uses the computer and scanner to record inventory transactions.
- Operates material handling equipment, including tow motors, fork lifts, order pickers, stand-up lift trucks, powered pallet jacks, and manual pallet jacks. Inspects equipment before use. Reports problems to supervisor.
- Unloads trucks.
- Verifies quantities received against packing lists/bills of lading. Reports discrepancies to supervisor.
- Places raw materials into rack or floor locations.
- Loads outgoing trucks per picklists.
- Assists in inventory cycle counts.
- Completes paperwork or forms required for documentation.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic personal computer skills.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knows and follows policies and procedures in Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be certified through Remar’s Tow Motor Safety program.
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily productive/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for up to eight hours.
- Well-lighted indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- M – F, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p. m., or as directed by Supervisor.
Overtime as required.
Security Category: Low