We’re Hiring: Material Handler II – Spire
Job title: Material Handler II
Reports to: Spire Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Performs manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing, picking, packing, and delivering a variety of materials, equipment, and supplies. Uses computer or scanner to record inventory transactions.
The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
- Operates material handling equipment, including tow motors, fork lifts, order pickers, stand-up lift trucks, powered pallet jacks, and manual pallet jacks. Inspects equipment before use. Reports problems to supervisor.
- Unloads trucks.
- Verifies quantities received against packing lists/bills of lading. Reports discrepancies to supervisor.
- Creates pallet tags for raw materials.
- Places raw materials into rack or floor locations.
- Loads outgoing trucks per picklists.
- Picks materials from storage locations and delivers to fulfillment lines.
- Assists on fulfillment lines as needed.
- Assists in inventory cycle counts.
- Completes paperwork or forms required for documentation.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic personal computer skills.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knows and follows policies and procedures in Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1-year reach truck and order picker experience.
- Must be certified through Remar’s Tow Motor Safety program.
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, and balance.
- Employee will be required to stand for long periods of time during the workday.
- Well-lighted indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- M – F, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p. m., or as directed by Supervisor. Hours may vary based on demand.
Overtime as required.
Security Category: Low
Additional Information: Remar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.