Position summary: The Social and Digital Media Intern plays an active role in the development of Remar’s online community. The intern maintains Remar’s presence on various social media platforms and helps create and publish content that is relevant to our customer base. He/she regularly analyzes and reports on the activity on social media networks as well as the Remar website. He/she also assists in maintaining Remar’s archive of digital images, videos, and other content. The intern will learn how to reach communities, and promote events or programs through the internet and gain experience in social media platforms and the tools used to assess their performance.
- Updates Remar’s social media accounts.
- Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with Remar.
- Posts updates, news, and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content.
- Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and posts it to our Facebook and Twitter page in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
- Updates Remar Facebook and Twitter accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from Remar activities and events.
- Grows Remar online social networks by increasing fan base and interactions.
- Maintains current information in Google+ and LinkedIn accounts.
- Completes other social media projects as assigned.
- Takes pictures and videos to be developed into content for the Remar website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Uploads Remar photos and videos to the appropriate server or DropBox account.
- Organizes and archives digital images and videos.
- Completes other digital media projects as assigned.
- Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations researches and reports on “social media best practices”.
- Completes other research projects as assigned.
Analytics and Reporting:
- Uses Google Analytics to assess trends and activity on the Remar website.
- Uses Facebook Insights to assess trends and activity on the Remar Facebook page.
- Uses Twitter Analytics to assess trends and activity on the Remar Twitter page.
- Reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
- Completes paperwork or forms required for documentation.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Basic math skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knows and follows policies and procedures in Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
- One (1) year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-editing and video-editing software, and internet browsers. Experience with Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
- Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Well-lighted, heated, indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
Flexible hours (up to 20 hours per week) or as directed by supervisor.
Overtime as required.