Job title: Supervisor
Department: Fulfillment – Spire
Reports to: Spire Operations Manager
Supervises: Lead I, Lead II, Order Processors
Assists Spire Operations Manager by supervising order processing functions on the Spire fulfillment line. Has contact with customers. Can issue employee disciplinary actions.
The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
- Helps train Order Processors, Material Handlers, temporary employees in how to do a given job per the customer’s instructions.
- Assigns tasks to employees as needed.
- Monitors that orders are accurately processed within the standardized time frames and in compliance with company policy and carrier requirements.
- Schedules staff effectively in order to provide timely turnaround of orders and requests.
- Maintains clean and orderly areas for Spire personnel.
- Ensures high level of customer satisfaction.
- Assists on the line as needed.
- Focuses on improvements to operational processes.
- Addresses performance problems with employees.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of management, staff, and customers.
- Completes paperwork or forms required for documentation.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic personal computer skills.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knows and follows policies and procedures in Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
Ability to stand for up to eight hours.
Must have the ability to climb a ladder when necessary.
Well-lighted indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
Monday-Friday, Hours may vary, based on order demand. Overtime as needed.
Remar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.